Thursday 27 February 2014

Advertisement and Promtion



This posts is primarily focusing on advertisement and promotion. It highlights just a few ways in which I could potentially advertise my music magazine advert. I have decided to advertise and promote my music advert on a bus stop, billboard and in a magazine as I believe this is where the majority of my target audience will be. For instance an advertisement on a bus stop due to my demographics being BC1 which consists of junior managers etc who are more likely to use public transport as they may not be financially capable of running their own car.

Magazine Advert-The first photo highlights how my music advert would look in a magazine. I decided to place it on the left due to this page being the first one seen my the audience when they turn the page. Similarly if I was to promote my album in a magazine I would ensure that it takes up the whole page as this would likely catch the audience eye keeping them engaged. Due to the interest of the reader being met it would then link to the purpose and aim of the advert as it would begin to promote the album due to the reader wanting to know more such as who the artist is, release dates, twitter page etc. Furthermore as the advert would be placed in a music magazine it would attract a larger target market due to the type of genre being pop. This automatically means that the reader is more than likely to be a music fan due to spending their income on the magazine.

Billboard-Furthermore the second image illustrates how my advert would look like blown up on a billboard. I personally believe billboards are especially effective as the size is an important factor when linking to the interest and engagement of the audience. As it is blown up it automatically catches the audience eye even if the individual does not share an interest in the pop genre. Therefore this immediately allows the identity of the artist to develop and expand due to improvements in recognition. The artists appearance and recognition is a main selling point when advertising as the intended target audience are likely to identify with the artist. Therefore advertisements through the use of billboards can be linked to Andrew Goodwin's theory when relating to personal identity as a particular group or individual may primarily purchase the album due to having a similar relationship with the protagonist.

Bus Stop advert- Lastly the bottom picture portrays a rough idea of what my advert would look like at a bus stop. Like the billboard I believe that having an advert in a built up area on a bus stop is an effective and successful way of promotion due to attracting a large target market from a diverse environment. Having an advert at a bus stop grabs the attention of a wide target market from a range of different ethnic background. Therefore this allows my album to be liked by all cultures. Similarly the majority of bus stop adverts are eye level meaning that individuals may spend as much time as they like viewing the information stated on the advert allowing them to take notes if wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment